Baker Technical Institute
Part-Time Nursing Assistant Instructor
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
Baker Technical Institute is currently seeking a candidate for a part-time Nursing Assistant Instructor to instruct nursing assistant courses. Instructors needed in Baker County, Union County, Umatilla County and Wallowa County areas. This is a non-benefitted, non- union position.
· Valid Oregon license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
· Must be able to be approved as an instructor of a Nursing Assistant Program.
· Prior work experience in the nursing field of at least 2 years with 1 year in Long Term Care desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Scope and Standards of the Oregon Nurse Practice Act including delegations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational/motivational skills.
- Shall have exhibited an earnest desire to work with students in order to provide them the opportunity to develop to their fullest capacity.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes the concern for the health, safety, treatment, and general welfare of the student.
- Works collaboratively with BTI Medical Director to improve the overall program and the student experience.
- To support an environment in which student can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image.
- Maintains a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff members.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks.
· This position will be paid hourly based upon experience.