Heavy Highway Construction Pre-apprenticeship – Women Only
This program offers an introduction into various heavy highway trades and prepares the student for an extended apprenticeship program or employment. The program is designed to increase awareness of highway construction careers, to lessen barriers, and to enhance opportunities into these trades.
Upon successful completion of this pre-apprenticeship program, students will receive:
- Certificate of completion of the pre-apprenticeship program
- Certificate of completion of Intro to Heavy Equipment
- Forklift certification
- Traffic control/flagging Certification
- OSHA 10 certification
Addressing Real-world Needs
Based on documented needs of heavy highway trades, this program will cover heavy equipment operations, concrete masonry, traffic control and other related standards of a construction worksite.
The program will prepare individuals through trade orientations, introduction pre-apprenticeship training, and pre-employment counseling.
- Construction-based clothing, leather closed-toe shoes and gloves (student supplied)
- Work Zone Traffic Control and Flagger Training Program Manual (BTI Provided)
- Oregon Temporary Traffic Control Handbook (BTI Provided)
- Traffic Control Flagger Certification Manual (BTI Provided)
- JJ Keller Forklift Manual (BTI Provided)
- NCCER Core Curriculum: Introductory Craft Skills (BTI Provided)
- Lunch provided daily by BTI
- All other basic personal protection equipment supplied by BTI
Baker City, Oregon
- June 7th - 25th, 2021
Mon - Fri
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM