Environmental: Wildfire Mitigation
In the West, wildfires are increasing in both frequency and severity, and electrical companies operating in wildfire-prone areas face significant risks. Utilities must take measures to reduce exposure and mitigate financial liability.
Upon successful completion of this course and having met all requirements, students earn:
- Certificate of Completion
This course will cover:
- Infrastructure Enhancements to Reduce Risk of Wildfires
- Key Objectives of Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans
- Regulatory Views of Proposed Mitigation Plans
- De-energization to Minimize Risk
- Wildland-Urban Interface and Challenges of Vegetation Management
Where possible, the course will also include an update on federal- and state-level policy related to wildfire preparedness for the utility industry.
All levels of management and operations.
Call or fill out the information request form below.