Environmental: Wildfire Mitigation
In the West, wildfires are increasing in both frequency and severity, and electrical companies operating in wildfire-prone areas face significant risks. Utilities must take measures to reduce exposure and mitigate financial liability.
Upon successful completion of this course and having met all requirements, students earn:
- Certificate of Completion
This course will cover:
- Infrastructure Enhancements to Reduce Risk of Wildfires
- Key Objectives of Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans
- Regulatory Views of Proposed Mitigation Plans
- De-energization to Minimize Risk
- Wildland-Urban Interface and Challenges of Vegetation Management
Where possible, the course will also include an update on federal- and state-level policy related to wildfire preparedness for the utility industry.
Who Should Attend?
All levels of management and operations.
Frequency of Training
Length of Course
Call or fill out the information request form below.